“I have lived and worked alongside the citizens of eastern Connecticut for 36 years, from that vantage point I have a good understanding of the issues and values that unite and divide us. I value and respect the citizens of Eastern Connecticut and if elected will serve our nine communities with honesty, integrity and open communication, providing a strong voice for Eastern Connecticut.”
· Kate Donnelly has lived Hampton, Connecticut since 1985 with her family. She and her partner Clay Colt, have run a small family business for over forty years. They raised their three children while operating their business out of a barn on their property. Andrew, Cal and Zoe Donnellycolt attended the local public schools and periodically were employed along with their friends in the family business. They are now working in careers in environmental science, nursing, and dance.
· Kate served as First Selectman of Hampton for two years. During that time, she led her town with integrity and worked for the shared needs of her community. As a First Selectman, Kate lowered property taxes, reduced her town’s energy expenses by 50% through efficiencies and clean energy systems, provided tax credits for seniors, and passed a Right-to-Farm ordinance.
· Kate has been an active member of her community serving on Boards of Education and as Chair of the Hampton Green Energy Committee. Kate worked as a volunteer in her children’s schools and was a conflict resolution trainer for 18 years and Diversity Club advisor for many years.
· Kate worked for nearly a decade managing statewide programs for energy efficiency and solar energy. She works in statewide organizations and coalitions promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency.
· Kate grew up in West Haven Connecticut and graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University in 2006. She is deeply concerned about the environment, jobs, education, and the issues affecting seniors and families, like healthcare, property taxes, quality education, and smart economic development that protects the rural character of our communities.
FaceBook: Kate Donnelly for State Representative 2020
Paid for by Kate 2020, Ed Adelman, Treasurer
Approved by Kate Donnelly